Research is one of the indices for the measurement of the potential of any educational institution. Keeping in view the new challenges and need for excellence, the Governor of Maharashtra & chancellor of the Universities in the state of Maharashtra, Honourable Shri S. M. Krishna had initiated Avishkar Research Convention, an inter-university students’ research project competition, in the academic year 2007– 08.
To prepare the students of in our D. B. J. Institute to engage them in research at U. G. & P. G. level.
Followings are the major objectives of our research activities:
- To identify the hidden innovative scientific talents and capacities of students.
- To provide opportunities for inculcating research attitude among the students.
- To create academically sound youth by developing knowledge, skill & attitude of research.
- To develop personality, presentation skill & communication skill among the students.
- To encourage the students to participate in research activities at collegiate, inter- collegiate, district, university & state level.
- To felicitate & recognize students achievements by offering awards & honors.
- From the beginning, our students have been participating in Avishkar Research Convention at University and State level.
- Our Student Research committee organised college level competition for the involvement of maximum students in research activity.
- The best projects in each category were identified and prizes were given to the Ist & IInd rank projects.
- The remaining participants were given participation certificates as an inspiration.
- Each year, more than 25 research projects are presented by our students at district level completion, and more than 200 (9.00% to total students of the senior college) students are involved in supporting those research projects.
- Each year our projects are selected for university level competition and have also received GOLD & SILVER MEDAL.
- Our students are selected for State level competition through Mumbai University and bagged overall championship in 2017-18.
- Students’ Research committee also published a research magazine ‘ANVESHAN’ (The instinct for exploration), as the outcome of research activity conducted by the committee.
- Dr. Madhura P. Vardam (Convener)
- Mrs. Rucha P. Khavnekar
- Mr. Vivek Warang