The Dept. Of Biotechnology has been established in 2005.The aim of the department is to provide facilities and excellence for the students in Konkan regions. We always inculcate values of modern biotechnologies in students, so that they can perceive biotechnology in correct perspectives and translate it into academics and research in their future.
Mrs. Sarojini M. Mane
(M. Sc. BioChem., M. Sc. Chemistry, B. Ed.)
Mrs. Triveni R. Moholkar
(M. Sc. MICROBIOLOGY)
Ms.Fawziya A. A. Petkar
(M. Sc. Biotech)
Mrs Pallavi S. Gharat
(Master in Medicinal Biotechnology)
To provide facilities and excellence for the students in the subject of Biotechnology
- Efficient, Dynamic & Hardworking Staff members.
- Well equipped Microbiology lab with instruments like -Incubator, Hot air oven, Autoclaves, Spectrophotometer, Electrophoresis devices, Digital colony counter, Binocular Research Microscope, BOD Incubator, UV -transilluminator, Centrifuge, etc.
- Well equipped Entomology lab with Hot Air Oven
- Plant Tissue Culture lab with LAF, rotary shaker etc.
- Preparation Room and Chemical Storage Room
- Use of LCD Projector, Animations etc. for important topics
- Students counseling and Personal attention
- Academic Counseling and Carrier Guidance
- Weekly tests
- Pre practical exam preparations and guidance for students
35 Students at FYBsc Level. There will be two batches for practical.
A student who has passed Xllth standard (Science) examination of Maharashtra State Board of Higher Secondary Education is eligible for admission. However the student without Maths have to appear for 25 marks basic eligibitity test in Maths conducted by institution. If the number of students desirous of taking admission to the course is greater than intake capacity, then admissions will be on merit or through written test.
We have a well equipped laboratory with all modern instruments.
Biotechnology For Future
Since the 21st century is supposed to be the period of biotechnology and bio-informatics, one should be fully aware of these subject and ready to avail forth coming opportunities in the area for his/her better career and future.