Completion of research work for Ph.D. by a faculty member was one of the academic achievements of the department. Participation in state and national level seminar and paper presentation added to the achievement. The evaluation of teachers, syllabi and department in general by the students has considerably improved in last two years. The success rate could be kept around 90% in the last three to four years. One of the faculty members became the member of syllabus framing committee of the university. This could add to the feedback of the departmental teachers in the syllabus development. The department underwent a syllabus change which could add to new skills of the teacher. The department has a sound library. Use of audio and video C.D's and internet is becoming the practice of the department. The department has received two minor research project. The participation of the faculty members in various college activities has been remarkable.
- Since 1974, 'Hindi' has been an important subject that is being taught.
- F.Y.B.A. (Compulsory & Optional); S.Y.B.A. (Paper II & III) and T.Y.B.A. (6 Papers)with M.A. Part I and M.A. Part II.
- Every Year, about 22 to 27 students opt for entire(special) Hindi Course at graduation level.
- Annual results are always above 90%
- As prescribed in the syllabus of Hindi, University includes topics like:- History of Hindi Literature, Hindi Grammar, Linguistics, Poetical Science, Novels, Stories, Poetry, Dramas, Letter writing, Translation, Functional Hindi, Computing, Ideological Literature etc.
- According to 'Semester credit system' examinations are conducted in two semesters. Also many other examinations are conducted. Students are awarded marks on the basis of their behaviour, conduct and attendance
- Students who find difficulty in studying Hindi are given special attention. Extra classes are also conducted for them. Special attention is given to Hindi-writing and Hindi Conversations
- Workshops and Guest lectures are also arranged for the benefit of the students.
- Every year '14th September' is celebrated as 'Hindi Day' with great pomp.
- Special Guidance regarding the M.P.S.C; the U.P.S.C., NET/SET along with translational examinations is given to T.Y.B.A. & MA Students.
- Every year, Students in their final year are taken for educational trips
- Students also participate in various other inter-College competitions
A candidate to be eligible for admission to the three year integrated
course leading to the deg ree of Bachelor of Arts Must
have passed the Higher Secondary School Certificate (Std. XII)
examination conducted by the different Divisional Boards of the Maharashtra
State, Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education with the following
2) Anyone of the Modern Indian Languages or Modern Foreign Languages or any Classical language or Information Technology.
3) Any four subjects carrying 100 marks each.
OR Must have passed the Higher Secondary School Certificate (Std/XII) examination with Vocational subjects conducted by the different divisional boards of the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education, with the following subjects :
2) Anyone Vocational subject carrying 200 marks prescribed by the Board from time to time.
3) Any three subjects carrying 100 marks each.
OR Must have passed the Higher Secondary School Certificate (Std. XII) examination with Vocational subjects conducted by the different Divisional Boards of the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education, with the following subjects:-
2) Anyone of the Modern Indian Languages or Modern Foreign Languages or Classical languages or Information Technology. 3) General Foundation Course.
4) Anyone subject carrying 300 marks from among the Minimum competency based vocational courses prescribed by the Higher Secondary School Certificate Examination from time to time.
OR Must have passed an examination of another University or Body recogn ized as equivalent thereto.
- Promotion of research activities in various areas of Marathi Language and literature.
- To design and begin certificate and diploma courses.
- To establish a special study centre for the study of dialects, folk literature and culture in konkan region.