Considering that there are more than 65% of the girl students in our college, we have started ‘SWAYAM SIDDHA’ activity to make the girl students self – confident, self protective, self powered, financially aware and physically/mentally matured.
- To create awareness of sexual harassment and health & hygiene through guest lectures.
- To empower them through knowledge about legal provisions for women.
- To train girls for self protection/ self defense through techniques like Judo, Karate, Twikando etc.
- To inculcate entrepreneurship skills through organizing skills training programs like cooking, interior decoration, beauty parlor, food processing, commercial gardening, milk products, Household medicines (Ajibaicha Batwa), etc.
- Gender awareness through various competitions, displays and programmes.
- To develop self confidence among girls.
The following attributes will be inculcated through ‘स्वयंसिद्धा’
- Marital preparedness with respect to physical, mental, sexual & social awareness.
- Confidence through self protection, self -dependence and entrepreneurial skills.
- Financial literacy through knowledge of loan, insurance, Bank transactions etc.
- Developed scientific attitude to avoid superstition.